MindfulnessJan 17, 2023
No matter what you are struggling with, mindfulness can help. We often rush around and don’t fully experience our lives. We get too busy, too stressed, or struggle because of things that have happened to us in the past to check in with ourselves, our bodies. Mindfulness can be as simple as checking in with all five senses while brushing your teeth every day. Notice your feet on the floor, the taste of the toothpaste, the sound the water makes, your reflection in the mirror, any smell you notice. Pause for just two minutes while brushing and check in.
Learning to “land” in your body this way has the following benefits:
- Reduced Stress and Anxiety: Mindfulness and meditation can help reduce stress and anxiety by helping you learn to step back from difficult emotions and observe them without judgment, instead of getting caught up in them. This can help you stay in the present moment and create a more relaxed mental and emotional state.
- Improved Concentration and Focus: Mindfulness meditation has been found to help improve your attention span, concentration, and focus. When you practice mindful meditation, you learn to stay in the present moment and observe thoughts and sensations without getting attached to them, which helps you stay more present and be more focused on the task at hand.
- Enhanced Self-Awareness: When you practice mindful meditation, you become more aware of your thoughts, feelings, and sensations. This helps you gain greater self-awareness, so you can better respond to life’s challenges.
- Improved Emotional Regulation: Mindfulness helps you develop greater emotional regulation and self-regulation, which allows you to respond to situations more calmly and objectively. Mindfulness also helps increase your resilience, so that when difficult emotions arise, you can respond to them in a constructive way.
- Enhanced Compassion and Empathy: Mindfulness helps you cultivate greater awareness of the ethical implications of your choices and actions, leading to a greater sense of compassion and empathy.
- Improved Quality of Life: Mindful meditation has been found to lead to a greater sense of well-being and self-compassion.
Give it a try today and feel free to let us know how it goes! If you find this sort of thing challenging, reach out for support today-we're here to help you!